Chicagoland Holiday Light Displays
Welcome to your go to guide for Holiday Light Displays in the Chicagoland area!
The holiday season is upon us and with so much uncertainty, many people are planning farther ahead for their
holiday plans and winter fun. Make sure to buy tickets and pre-register as soon as you can
before tickets and time slots sell out!
Let It Shine: Drive Thru Holiday Light Show
- “Let It Shine is proud to present North Shore’s largest drive thru world of Christmas lights at Northbrook Court! Guests are invited to stay in their cars and immerse themselves in a wonderland of light displays that are synchronized to holiday classics. There’s no denying the holiday cheer as you cruise past dazzling archways, sparkling candy canes, glowing snowmen and more illuminated installations.”
- Nov 15th – January 9th.
- 1515 Lake Cook Rd., Northbrook
- **** One (1) Ticket Per Vehicle ****. Tickets can be purchased online only
Holiday Magic at Brookfield Zoo
- “Now in our 39th year, get ready to visit Chicagoland’s largest and longest-running lights festival featuring over a million twinkling LED lights!”
- Friday through Sunday, November 27-29, Wednesday through Sunday, December 2-6, 9-13, 16-20, Saturday through Thursday, December 26-31
- 3 – 9 PM
- “New this year, guests of all ages can play the Game of Gnomes. Embark on a fun-filled scavenger hunt in search of 24 whimsical and enchanting themed gnomes, measuring 12 – 20 inches that will be located throughout the park.”
Six Flags Great America: Holiday In The Park Lights!
- Select days November 27th – December 30th
- 1 Great America Parkway, Gurnee
- “The third season of Holiday In The Park returns November 27 as a re-imagined experience featuring over 3 million dazzling lights plus entertainment. While our world-class rides will not be open during Holiday In The Park Lights, we’ve planned some exciting holiday experiences you and your family will enjoy.”
The Holiday In The Park Lights experience will include:
- Over 3 million sparkling lights
- Continuous twinkling holiday light displays throughout our property
- Themed entertainment for open-air viewing
- Special socially-distanced photo ops
- Delicious holiday treats and other exciting surprises
- “Pick up your s’mores kit and get ready to toast some marshmallows at one of our fire pits throughout the park for the merriest and meltiest treat this side of the North Pole!”
Jack Frost Winter Walk Pop-Up & Christmas Tree Farm
- Goose Island Chicago. 1467 N. Elston Ave
- “Jack’s Winter Walk & Christmas Tree Farm Pop-Up is located on over 2 acres of land in the historic Goose Island. Pick a perfect Christmas Tree, grab a memorable Instagrammable moment, or just get out of the house and get some fresh air on a perfect midwinter evening, as you get lost in the largest, and only, evergreen forest in downtown Chicago. In accordance with Chicago’s Department of Health Safety standards wearing a mask is always required, visits are limited to 1.5 hours and there is no food & beverage available for purchase.”
Illumination: Tree Lights at the Morton Arboretum : Sold Out (With the possibility of additional time slots being added each Monday for the upcoming week)
- “See trees in a different light at a reimagined Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum. Designed with your safety in mind, this year’s new driving experience (30–40 minutes long) features an unparalleled spectacle of color, light, and music you won’t experience anywhere else. You will be delighted to see returning favorites reenvisioned, including Symphony Woods, Woodland Wonder, and Crystal Promenade, and five newly designed sights displayed along a two-mile road among the Arboretum’s magnificent trees. Immerse yourself in a captivating tunnel of lights, an awe-inspiring magical woodland filled with dazzling color and starlike light, and a landscape filled with thousands of lights dancing to a musical soundtrack, all from the warmth of your car.
Also new this year, the exhibition will stay open later, until 10:00 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 11:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and it will be open on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas, in addition to New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, as in previous years.”
- November 20th – January 3rd
- Ticket prices are per car and must be purchased in advance.
Lightscape at the Chicago Botanic Garden: SOLD OUT
- “ZooLights will feature hundreds of luminous displays and incredible seasonal activities, all under the glow of millions of illuminated lights, plus reduced capacity admission to keep your family safe.”
- November 21st – January 3rd
- 4 – 10PM
- Tickets will cost $5 / guest
- Free Nights
- November 24 and December 9, 17, 21, and 29
While admission to ZooLights is paid, there will also by five free nights. These days will offer the same exciting holiday experience and tickets are still required, but they will be complimentary. These tickets will be released the Sunday prior to each date at 4 p.m.
- November 24 and December 9, 17, 21, and 29
- Grayslake, IL
- Nov 20th – Jan 3rd
- “Santa’s Rock N Lights is an animated drive-thru light show. You’re invited to experience the themed worlds of light including dinosaur world, over 700 feet of tunnels and a longer route.”
MSI: Christmas Around the World and Holidays of Light (TEMPORARILY CLOSED)
- “It began in 1942 with a single tree. Today, the Museum’s beloved annual celebration features a four-story, floor-to-dome Grand Tree, surrounded by a forest of 40 trees and displays decorated by volunteers to represent the holiday traditions from cultures around the globe. It’s the one-of-a-kind experience that brings a whole world of holiday joy under one roof.
Christmas Around the World and Holidays of Light are open through Sunday, January 3, 2021.”
- “Starting Friday November 20th, make it a family experience and drive thru while enjoying the sights and sounds of Christmas.”
Tuesday- Thursday & Sunday: 5pm-10pm
Friday & Saturday: 5pm-11pm
You can purchase your tickets online or at the entrance of the light show.
- GOEBBERT’S PUMPKIN PATCH & APPLE ORCHARD: 42W813 Reinking Rd, Pingree Grove, IL 60140
- November 20th – January 3rd
All Aglow: Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens
- November 28th – January 10th
- 1354 N. 2nd St., Rockford
- “Celebrate the holidays at Nicholas Conservatory & Gardens! Come see sparkling holiday lights in the outdoor gardens, and beautiful floral displays inside the warm tropical Conservatory.”
- November 27th – December 30th
- Open 9A-9P daily, with the last entry time at 8:30P; Christmas lights come on at 3PM
- 1356 N. Gary Ave., Wheaton
- Reserved tickets only, no walk up.
- Trees, wreaths, greens, and garlands available for purchase
Holiday Lights in Lilacia Park
- December 5th – January 3rd
- “Join Lombard Park District’s annual lighting celebration in Lilacia Park! Charming holiday displays light up Lilacia Park with a magical array of animated light shows, decorated trees, a gingerbread house, and much more.”
- 150 South Park Ave., Lombard
- “Visitors can access the display from the Webster Street covered bridge, Main Street and Webster Street. Strollers can enjoy the outdoors with public parking is available in the Water Street and Municipal Center parking decks. Lights on Water Street tress will be synced to music, as will the arch on the Foyo Plaza, making a drive-through experience for individuals preferring to stay in their cars.”
- November 14th through the holiday season
- “The Celebration of Lights season is finally here! Hours will be from 5 to 9 p.m. on weekdays and Sundays as well as from 5 to 10 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays, and the week of the Christmas holiday. The display is free to view but donations are welcomed in order to ensure the display can continue and grow into the future! Come see the brightest Celebration yet at Rotary Park!”
- November 16th – New Years Day
- “Join us for our 11th Annual Holiday Lights display, opening on Friday, November 27th and running 5:00PM-9:00PM nightly through Thursday, December 31st. Holiday Lights at Mooseheart is one of Chicagoland’s largest light displays! The lighted route is approximately 1.8 miles and has more than 80 lighted displays to view.”
- 240 W James J Davis Dr, Mooseheart, IL
- “One of the largest free outdoor drive-through holiday light displays in Northern Illinois, the Aurora Festival of Lights, returns for its 14th year in 2020 with even more dazzling displays that will delight both adults and children.”
- Phillips Park, Aurora
- Friday November 27th – December 27th. Monday through Thursday 5-9pm and Friday through Sunday 5-10pm
East Peoria Festival of Lights
- The East Peoria Festival of Lights is so excited to announce that we are a 2020 contender for Season 8 of The Great Christmas Light Fight on ABC TV!!
- “Welcome to the 36th annual East Peoria Festival of Lights, happening Thursday, November 26, 2020 through Sunday, January 3, 2021! The Parade of Lights will occur on Saturday, November 21. Marking 36 years of holiday cheer, the festival begins with the Parade of Lights and continues through the month of December with the Folepi’s Winter Wonderland drive-through display.”
- The drive-through electric park is the Festival of Lights’ signature event! Folepi’s Winter Wonderland features the majority of the Parade of Lights floats and many other lighted displays including:Candy Cane Factory
Lighted arches and circus animals
Ski jumper display
The Winter Wonderland entrance is off Springfield Road on Par 3 Lane. Tune your vehicle’s radio to 88.1 FM for holiday music to accompany your drive!
Shelbyville Festival of Lights
- East North 9th Street, Shelbyville
- November 20th – December 27th
- “Come to Shelbyville and take a drive through Forest Park as it is lit up for the Holiday season. These lights are put in place each year by volunteers and new lights and themed areas are also added. Candy Cane lane is to honor loved ones. The Historical Chautauqua Building becomes a huge carousel. Come enjoy the Victorian Village, Santa’s Shop, the North Pole, Bethlehem, and others. The lights have been changed to the new and brighter LEDs.”
- November 28th – December 30th
- 42W891 Beith Rd, Campton Hills, IL 60119
- Monday to Thursday: 5-10:00pm; Friday to Sunday: 5-10:00pm
- 371 Canyon Trail, Carol Stream
- The lights run 4:30 – 10:00 Sunday – Thursday and 4:30 – 11:00 Friday and Saturday, weather permitting through January 1st
- Book your own private trolley for you and your family / friends. (Up to 16 people)
- Enjoy a 75 min tour of the best residential lightings displays in Chicago
- Holiday music, trivia, prizes, and goodie bags included.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!