Mural Hop Chicago
The wonderful Hopscotch City and I have teamed up for a mural scavenger hunt around Chicago!
We have 30 themes to choose from as you drive or walk around Chicagoland!
Think of this as a way to explore the different neighborhoods around Chicago, familiarize yourself with different cultures, and get to know new local artists!
We would love for you to tag us in your adventures and use the hashtag, #muralhopchicago. Our instagram accounts are @whatshouldwedotodaychicago & @hopscotchcity
If possible, it’s important to give credit to the artist as well!
Here is a collection of the murals we have found so far!
- Vivian Maier Mural
- 1651 W. North Ave
- Vivian was a prolific street photographer
- Painted by Eduardo Kobra (@kobrastreetart)
2. Marty McFly the W
- 1361 N. Wolcott
- Artist: Ali Six (@Ali_six_)
3. Black & White Mural
- Found on the side of a Walgreens on Milwaukee Ave
4. Antique Taco Mural
- Artist: Irena Kruglova & WES (@monscribbles)
- 1350 N. Wood St.
5. Nike Running Mural
- Artist: Hebru Brantley (@hebrubrantley)
- 2001 W. Concord Place
6. Serape Skies
- 1320 N. Paulina St.
- Artist: Juan de la Mora (@jdlm1)
7. Moose Bubblegum Bubble
- 33 E. Congress Parkway on the south wall of a Columbia building (overlooking a parking lot)
- Artist: Jacob Watts
8. Blue & White Flowers
- Artist: Anna Murphy (@annapmurphy)
- Found in Ping Tom Memorial Park under the 18th street bridge, next to the children’s playground
9. Hamburger Flower
- Artist: Brenda Lopez (@_kozmo_)
- 4903 S. Paulina St.
10. Kind of Blue
- Artist: Raul Ramirez (@rawooh)
- 21st Pl. & Ramirez Ave.
11. Multicolor Stripe Wall
- 1538 N Clybourne Ave.
12. Frida Kahlo
- Artist: Robert Valadez
- 1713 W. 18th Street
13. Heart Emoji Wall
- Artist: Erica Chin
- 2214 N. Elston Ave
14. Urbs in Horto
- Artist: Louise Jones (@0uizi)
- 3637 N. Southport
15. Dolly Parton
- Michelle Lytke
- 5500 Block of N. Broadway
16. Birds of Latin America
- Artist: Gamaliel Ramirez
- 2601 W. Division St.
17. Body paint / body movement
- Artist: Zachary Grey Phelps (@Zachary_grey_phelps)
- 2618 Division St. The side of Free Body Physical Therapy
18. The Party
- Artist:Jeff Zimmermann (@jeffzimmermann)
- California & Cortez Ave
19. Love wall
- Artist: Matthew Hoffman (@heyitsmatthew)
- 1873 N. Damen Ave
20. Cow Wolf
- Artist: Tony Passero (@tonypassero)
- 1800 N. Damen Ave.
Are you looking for murals to explore in the suburbs? Our friend Families On The Fox has a mural compilation for the west and far west suburbs!
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] Chicago Mural Hop […]
[…] Chicago Mural Hop […]
[…] 3. Chicago Mural Scavenger Hunt […]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!