https://whatshouldwedotodaychicago.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/What-Should-we-do-today-Chicago-desktop_03.png 0 0 Helen Bosacki https://whatshouldwedotodaychicago.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/What-Should-we-do-today-Chicago-desktop_03.png Helen Bosacki2020-09-07 23:13:372020-09-07 23:13:37U-Pick Flower Farms Near Chicagoland
U-Pick Flower Farms Near Chicagoland
Fall doesn’t mean enjoying a beautiful flower field has to come to an end.
Many sunflower fields are just now blooming!
Enjoy an outdoor, pandemic appropriate activity, and bring home a vase a full of flowers to adorn your home!
- 14000 75th Street, Bristol WI
- Roughly 40 min drive from Chicagoland (15 min north of Six Flags)
- Visit the sunflower fields everyday, 10 AM – 7 PM
- $25/carload of people (up to 6 people)
- You get a dozen sunflowers with your entrance fee. If you’d like more flowers they are $10/dozen.
- 9805 IL Route 173, Hebron IL
- Sunflower mazes 1 & 2 are closed for the season. Maze 3 should be open in early October. Check their Facebook page for updates!
- 8960 E Ridge Rd, Hobart, IN
- Sunflower Fun Farm Weekend is September 12th, 13th, 19th & 20th
- “We offer a sunflower U Pick, kids activities galore at our Fun Farm, and a delicious variety of seasonal treats. Plan to spend time in our beautiful sunflower maze. Not only is it fun to go through, we bet you won’t be able to stop taking pictures. Our field of sunflowers definitely delivers a “wow!”
- U-Pick Flower fields open August 29th!
- 3709 Miller Road, McHenry, IL
- Check their Facebook page for U-pick hours and sunflower field status
- 14946 S. Bell Rd, Homer Glen
- Monday-Friday: 9AM-6PM
- Saturday 9AM-5PM
- Sunday 9AM-3PM.
- 17904 Grant St., Lowell IN
Autumn Season is September 12 – October 25, Saturday & Sunday: 10am – 6pm
- Sunflowers, zinnias, cosmos, wildflowers, and more!
- 200 S. County Line Rd, Hobart IN
- Best pick of sunflowers is mid to late September
- General admission is $1. Pay For What You Pick – $2 for large or $2 for small bunch
- 9973 Homerich Avenue Southwest, Byron Center, MI
- Thursday, Sept. 3 from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday, Sept. 5 from 9am – Noon
- Thursday, Sept. 10 from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday, Sept. 12 from 9am – Noon
- Thursday, Sept. 17 from 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Saturday, Sept. 19 from 9am – Noon
- HOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME DUE TO WEATHER OR UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES. Check their Facebook or Instagram page for updates!).
- 33891 S Rivals Rd, Wilmington, IL
- “For $30, you and up to 4 others will have unlimited and exclusive access to cut whatever is blooming in the flower field. We grow around 300 hundred varieties of 70 species of cut flowers, many of them unique, heirloom, or specialty blooms you’re not going to find other places. No one else will be in the flower field with you during your time slot. So it’s truly all yours for the picking! Or taking photos in (totally okay), or just stopping to take it all in.”
- Book your private cutting session through their website!
- There is a pumpkin cart open to the public when you enter off of Route 102. Self service, electronic payments only. Greenhouse grab ‘n’ go bouquets will also be for sale when the pumpkin cart is out.
- 1015 Zola Road, Harrisburg, IL
- A Peony Farm with 12 acres of fresh cut flowers. They sell the cut flowers in the spring and root divisions in the fall.
- 2020 blooms are closed for the season, roots available for October delivery.
- 480 Brown Section Rd, Cobden, IL
- U-Pick lavender farm
- Closed for the 2020 season, lavender blooming season usually the first weeks in June