Family Friendly Events in Chicagoland This Weekend:
10:00 AM: Swedish Days in Geneva
- June 18th – 23rd
- Great music and food, fantastic kids events taking place all day, each day… this is not an event to miss!
- Cottage Walks: On Saturday and Sunday from 10-4 you can join a small, guided tour through the quaint cottages at Good Templar Park. Learn about the history of the park and grab a Swedish dessert from the bakery.
- Viking Ship Tour: on Sunday, docent led tours from 1-4 pm.
- June 21st – June 23rd
- Kids 12 and under get in free! Otherwise, only $5
- Carnival, activities for the kids, pie eating contests, music… and, oh yea, STRAWBERRIES!
- June 21st – 23rd
- Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
- Free registration
- Peruse thousands of products and new technology for all types and levels of disabilities.
- Helpful and relevant workshops
- Try inclusive activities like adaptive sports, and dance.
- Assistance animals, and more!
- Celebrate the longest day of the year with live music in the streets, sidewalks, parks, and other venues all over the city!
12:00 PM: Taste Of Joliet
- Kids 11 and under are free all weekend
- June 21st – 23rd
- Food, music, carnival, and kids zone!
- Free and open to the public
- Enjoy spirited performances around a piano in the park. Limited seating, so bring your own chair or blanket
- “In addition to loads of Trucks from Fire & Police to Military & Construction for close hands on inspection, CJ Race Way will also be hosting free RC racing from 5pm to 8pm! Come hungry as we will have a variety of food truck vendors for you to enjoy. Great fun for the whole family!
- Stick around for our Serendipity concert starting at 6:00pm. Serendipity is an all-female pop/rock band from the Chicago suburbs.”
- Stick around even longer and enjoy “Bumblebee,” the Friday night movie in the park! (Bring your own lawn chairs and blankets)
- Blackberry Farm in Aurora
- For ages preschool – 8 years old
- “Miss Jamie and her puppet friends from the farm take the audience on a magical barnyard adventure in a sing-along, dance-along show that’s fun for kids and grownups alike. The interactive performance teaches healthy eating and responsible farming in a fun way that leaves everyone stompin’ their boots and hollerin’ for more.”
- Pre-register through the Wheaton Park District by 6/20
- Put on your cutest pajamas and bring your favorite stuffed animal to Cosley Zoo for after hours fun!
- Free concert taking place in the courtyard between Houlihans and Bar Louie.
- Every Friday and Sunday night in June.
- “Harry Potter Night with the Schaumburg Boomers. First 500 kids receive Harry Potter Glasses. Dress as your favorite character for a chance to win prizes. Enjoy themed games and magical surprises all night!
- Post-Game FIREWORKS presented by Wintrust Community Banks!
*Many of the festivals that began on Friday continue on through the weekend. Scroll up for more info! And do not forget about the vast list of Farmers Markets to choose from!*
- The celebration begins at 8 AM at Ping Tom Memorial Park. The day opens with the traditional lion dance opening ceremony.
- Enjoy dragon boat races, kids activities, cultural performances, and more!
- Free trolley rides around Chinatown from 9 AM – 4 PM
- 5K Fun Run and 2 mile walk around Old School Forest Preserve
- Warm up with FIT4MOM!
- After the race enjoy fun activities for the whole family!
- “Practice being a pedestrian on the sidewalks, use road safety while you ride your tricycle on the streets, and learn about railroad safety near the fully operational crossing gate.”
- Children aged 4-7 can ride through Safety Town as long as they are wearing helmets. You can bring your own or pay 5$ to rent.
9:00 AM: Gymboree National Day of Play
- Little ones aged newborn to 5 years of age can enjoy a day full of FREE activities from the expert instructors.
- Lakeview are in Chicago
10:00 AM: 5th Annual Fairy and Pirate Festival
- Sunshine Garden Center in Diamond, IL
- Dress like your favorite fairy or pirate!
- Games, crafts, story time, scavenger hunt, fairy garden, fresh flower tiaras, balloon animals, and more!
10:00 AM: Chicago Food Truck Festival
- June 22nd & 23rd
- 45+ gourmet food trucks!
- Register for free admission or VIP admission.
- Outdoor games and music
10:00 AM : Nature Fest at Hidden Oaks Nature Center
- Bolingbrook, IL
- Games and activities across the entire conservation area
11:00 AM: Fountain Square Artisan Summerfest in downtown Evanston
- Saturday & Sunday 11 – 7 p.m.
- Fun for children and adults alike! Celebrating 40 years as the oldest, north shore, fine arts celebration.
- The Evanston Art Center and Art Encounter will be overseeing the children’s interactive art projects.
12:00 PM: Story Hour with the Princesses
- Stratford Square Mall in Bloomingdale
- Story time, princess lesson, photo ops, and more!
12:00 PM: Chicago Pride Fest and Parade
- Saturday & Sunday
- Join in on a loved filled celebration of diversity and equality in Boystown
- $10 suggested donation for entry
12:30 PM: Toy Story Pool Day
- A day filled with games and Toy Story characters at Dolphin Cove Family Aquatic Center
1:00 PM: Great American Campout
- “Bring your tent and gear to a family-fun campout that’s part of the National Wildlife Federation’s nationwide event! Enjoy picnic games, archery, nature activities, a guided night hike and an egg-drop contest. Campfire dinner, s’mores and continental breakfast included.”
- The first 100 kids today will receive a Block Party Kid Zone cinch bag
- Enjoy music, face painters, bounce house, games, food trucks, and more!
- Old St. Pat’s Church in the West Loop. (Chicago’s oldest public building)
- Benefits social justice and outreach programs.
4:00 PM: Webster Kids Corridor Block Party
- “Join us inside and outside of Bubbles Academy & Little Beans Cafe for an afternoon of play, live music, demo classes, rotating storytime, multiple bounce houses, kids’ activity tables from our favorite local partners and block party fun! Food and drinks will be available for purchase from Little Beans Cafe stations & the Bacci Pizza Truck.”
- Dupage Children’s Museum in Naperville
- “Finding places for the whole family to play without stress can be difficult, but this after-hours event allows for a time to experience the Museum in a calmer, less crowded environment. Some lighting and sound will be muted, and additional sensory activities and cool down spaces will be provided. Admission is FREE, but registration is required. “
7:30 PM: Movies On The Green at the Geneva Commons
- Every Saturday at 7:30 enjoy a hit movie on The Green
- Brings blankets and chairs and delight in the free popcorn!
7:30 PM: Dupage Symphony Orchestra at Cantigny Park
- Celebrate the summer solstice by bringing blankets and chairs to enjoy this outdoor concert.
8:00 PM: Summer Swim Jam at Sunset Pool
- Celebrate the Glen Ellyn Park District turning 100 with games and activies at Sunset Pool
- First 100 families to arrive will be entered to win a 2020 Sunset Pool membership.
*Many festivals that began on Friday or Saturday are still continuing through Sunday. Scroll up to make sure you didn’t miss anything! And don’t forget about the Farmer’s Markets!*
10:00 AM: Bagels In The Park
- Kelly Park in Wheaton, IL
- jBaby Chicago invites you to nosh, schmooze, and play!
11:00 AM: Popsicles In The Park with FIT4Mom
- Mark Twain Park in Chicago
- Enjoy popsicles, bubbles, balls, and a parachute.
11:00 AM: Pitties on the Patio
- Cookie Dough Creations in Naperville
- Come eat lunch, grab dessert, meet some of the adoptable dogs, and win some raffle prizes!
12:00 PM: Kids Punk Rock Show at Legit Dogs and Ice in Elgin
- Punk rock fun for the whole family!
- Food and drink specials all day
- Featuring, The Boogers!
12:00 PM: Boating In The Park
- Row or pedal your way around Lake Ellyn in Glen Ellyn for 5$ / boat.
- Each participant must be able to safely fit in a Glen Ellyn Park District life jacket.
12:00 PM: Princess Day at Raging Waves Waterpark
- Meet & greet and sing a long!
1:00 PM: Celebrate Mud Day in Skokie
- Pre-registration requested, but as long as the event isn’t full, gate registration will be available.
- Celebrate International Mud Day by making mud pies, mud cakes, mud paintings, and more!
- Win parent of the year award for taking your kids to an event where they are actually allowed to get messy!
2:00 PM: Bettendorf Castle Tour
- Enjoy a guided tour taking you around the exterior of this historic castle.