What Should We Do This Weekend? Father’s Day Weekend in Chicago, IL June 14th – 16th
It’s Father’s Day Weekend in Chicago!! In addition to the events listed below, make sure to comb through the Father’s Day Guide for the special events going on for the man in your life. However, many required registration so make sure spots are available before heading to any of them.
9:30 AM: Blackberry Farm 50th Anniversary Celebration
- “Join us as we celebrate Blackberry Farm’s 50th Anniversary! The first 50 families will receive a commemorative 50th Anniversary cup that includes a fill at the Summer Kitchen. Visitors can enjoy a balloon artist, tattoo station, stop by the Huntoon House Museum to see pictures of Blackberry Farm over 50 Years of Fun, in addition to all of Blackberry’s great attractions! Commemorative cups are issued one per family. Balloon artist will be available 10:00am-1:00pm.”
10:00 AM: Super Messy Story Time at Lunges ‘n Lattes
- Get ready for messy, silly, sensory play with Stickney Forest View Library!
- The event is free but you must register to reserve your spot!
10:30 AM: Winfield Library Story Time at Cantigny
- Meet for story time plus a hands on activity
- Recommended for ages 0-6
- Pick up a parking pass at the Winfield Public Library’s Youth Services desk for free admission.
- Meet library staff at the Visitors Center before the program begins.
11:00 AM: Animal Farm Musical Performance at the Shell in Reed Keppler Park (West Chicago)
- Music, education, comedy, and interactive storytelling for the little ones
1:00 PM: Lemonade Stand Benefitting Midwest Shelter for Homeless Vets
- Free for the children who participate, but must register. Otherwise come and support and the cause!
- Located at Wear & Share in Wheaton.
5:00 PM: Festa Pasta Vino
- Friday – Sunday
- Enjoy an Italian Block Party all weekend long!
5:00 PM: Cantigny Food Truck Festival
- 15+ food trucks
- Live band
- Children can enjoy the Red Oaks Playground
- Outdoor movie, The Goonies, begins at 8:30
5:00 PM: Parents Night Out With Yu Kids Island
- Fun in the Sun Theme, playtime, and pizza party!
- Register to hold your spot!
5:00 PM: Taste of Randolph
- June 14th – 16th
- West Loop’s largest street festival!
- Entrance fee is a suggested $10 donation to benefit the West Loop Community Organization
5:00 PM: Ribfest Chicago
- June 14th – 16th
- Lots of family entertainment all weekend to make it a perfect Father’s Day outing
- 30 rib and non-rib vendors
- Amazing live music!
5:30 PM: Picnic With The Animals at Cosley Zoo
- Bring your own picnic and enjoy games, activities, animals, and after hours access
- 50% of proceeds go to support the conservation of penguins
- Advance registration encouraged.
6:00 PM: Parents Night Out at Lunges N’ Lattes
- 6 – 8 pm
- Playtime, coloring activities, and a short movie
- Children potty trained and up!
6:00 PM: Vintage Rides in Downtown Wheaton
- This weekends theme is convertibles and diner tunes!
6:30 PM: Craft Brews at Lincoln Park Zoo
- This event is held both Friday and Saturday. This could be a great kickoff to Father’s Day Weekend!
- 150+ craft beers to choose from!
- Explore the beautiful grounds while checking out the tasting stations implanted throughout in this adults only, after hours experience.
- There will also be food available for purchase and music!
6:30 PM: Porch Concert #2: Family Fun in Oak Park
- Musical entertainment, an ice cream truck, and activities provided by Wonder Works
7:00 PM: Country Road Free Music Festival in Glen Ellyn
- A live, free concert, on Main St. From 7 – 10:30 p.m
- Enjoy great music, food, and libations from the local restaurants
7:00 PM: 2019 Battle of the Bands in Elgin
- Enjoy music from local bands in Side Street Studio Arts
7:30 PM: Salsa Street Party
- Salsa dance in the street and under the stars at Mora Asian Kitchen in Bolingbrook!
8:00 PM: June Fly-By-Night Circus
- Fun for the whole family!
- Acrobats, aerialists, magicians, wirewalkers, and more!
- Children 9 and under get in free!
Don’t forget about our Father’s Day Guide and Farmers Market Guide to flesh out this Saturday’s agenda. Plus many festivals and events that began on Friday & Saturday, continue throughout the weekend, so scroll up for the info on those!
8:00 AM: Fish-o-rama at Lincoln Marsh Natural Area
- Participate in the fishing contest!
- Pre-registration required!
10:00 AM: June Play Day at Sensory Garden Playground in Lisle
- Face painting, planting, story time with the Wheaton Library, and more!
10:00 AM: Daddy & Me Tea at Kiwanis Park in La Grange
- Tea sandwiches, petite treats, fruit tea, and lemonade in front of a beautiful landscape and set up. Perfect for a Father’s Day photo op!
- If raining event will be held at Watermelon Kids.
- Event is for children up to age 8.
- Register in advance!
10:00 AM: Tom’s Strawberry Fest 2019
- Wagon rides, food, music, balloon animals, face painting, jumping pillow, and more!
10:30 AM: Bubble Bash With The Sharks
- Playroom Cafe in Mt. Prospect
- Bubbles, balloons, music, and pictures!
- You must register for this event
10:30 AM: Discovery Garden Exploration Time at the Oak Park Conservatory
- Enjoy hands on activities in the garden led by the garden docents.
- Kids aged 3-6 will have a blast playing in the garden.
12:00 PM: Chicago Northwest Family Day at Woodfield Mall
- FREE event. Meet Chicagoland’s best attractions and participate in hands on activities!
1:00 PM: Derby Day and Father’s Day Crafts at Lincolnwood Town Center
- “Enjoy our annual Derby Day with diaper derby for babies, shopping cart races for toddlers, and egg and spoon races for kids! Registration begins at 1:00 PM. Each participant must have a completed and signed waiver. Games begin at 2:00 PM. You can print the waiver from our website and bring it filled out to avoid lines.”
2:00 PM: Pokemon Training and Playing at Learning Express Lake Zurich
- “Join our trainers for fun, tips and trades every Saturday from 2-3 pm in store. FREE. Bring your cards too.”
3:00 PM: Greekfest Oak Lawn
- “Come celebrate “Greek Style” in the cultural event of the summer featuring “The Best Greek Chicken”, “Dancing with the Greeks”, Live Bands (American and Greek) and endless amounts of Greek Sweets! Oh, did we mention we were featured on Chicago’s Best for our Baklava? True Story! “
- There will be a bouncy house and carnival games for the kids!
- Event takes place on Saturday & Sunday
5:00 PM: Sizzle Into Summer with the Morton Grove Park District
- Live music and family fun in Harrer Park
- Balloon artist, face painter, bouncy house, atomic drop obstacle course, and basketball shoot out
7:30 PM: Adults Only Night at Legoland Discovery Center
- Get a babysitter and have a fun night feeling like a kid yourself!
- Feel free to dress in your cosplay best!
8:00 PM: Reggae in the Beer Garden at Two Brothers Roundhouse
- DI Machine Reggae Band
- 5$ Cover charge
Don’t forget about our Father’s Day Guide and Farmers Market Guide to flesh out this Sunday’s agenda. Plus many festivals and events that began on Friday & Saturday, continue throughout the weekend, so scroll up for the info on those!
9:00 AM: Baconfest at Elgin Public House
- Plenty of bacon and beer specials
- Reservations suggested
9:00 AM: Father’s Day at Randall Oaks Zoo
- Dad’s get in free at Randal Oaks Zoo in West Dundee
9:00 AM: Swedish Day at Good Templar Park in Geneva
- “Congratulations on 109 YEARS! Svenskarnas Dag is the Midwest’s oldest Midsummer festival, dating back to 1911. Swedish Day is held on the 3rd Sunday of June at Good Templar Park, 528 East Side Drive, Geneva, IL 60134
- Admission is $5 for adults, children 14 years old and younger are free!
- Enjoy delicious Swedish Pancakes, Swedish Meatballs, Herring, Hamburgers & Hotdogs, Sloppy Joes, and more. Food will be served from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.”
- Don’t forget to tour the Viking ship!
10:00 AM: Fishing With Dad at Hidden Lake Forest Preserve in Downers Grove
- Learn how to catch and ID different fish
- For ages 8 and up.
- Register in advance.
10:00 AM: Father’s Day at the Promenade in Bolingbrook
- “We will have 15+ vendors, crafters, and food items set up on Row. Come out and pick up those last minute gifts for that man in your life or bring your husband for a shopping event just for him.”
2:30 PM: The Dog Paddle in Galena
- Group paddle with man’s best friend!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!