https://whatshouldwedotodaychicago.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/What-Should-we-do-today-Chicago-desktop_03.png 0 0 Helen Bosacki https://whatshouldwedotodaychicago.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/What-Should-we-do-today-Chicago-desktop_03.png Helen Bosacki2020-07-22 07:29:482020-07-22 07:29:48Illinois Berry Picking Farms
Illinois Berry Picking Farms
Near to Chicago U-Pick Berry Farms
- 27244 Hettick Scottville Rd., Hettick IL
- Blueberry season coming to a close, keep an eye out for peaches in August!
- Facebook page has the most current updates on the berry status
- 650 Freyer Rd., Michigan City IN
- Closed on Tuesdays
- Masks required
- “We are the closest blueberry farm from Illinois located approximately less than 60 minutes from Chicago, IL. We are minutes away from New Buffalo, MI, the Lighthouse Place Premium Outlet Mall and the Indiana Dunes.”
- U-Pick season is open!
- Check their Facebook page for blueberry status before heading out
- No credit cards accepted
- Wear masks in the building, bring your own containers.
- 5911 W. 50 S, La Porte IN
- Check the Facebook page for updates before you arrive but latest availability include green tomatoes, pickles, & red and black raspberries.
- 1106 N. Queen Anne Rd., Woodstock
- “Heider’s Berry Farm provides pick your own and pre-picked strawberries (June and September till frost) and raspberries (July and September till frost). Seasons vary depending on the weather so watch for specifics as the seasons approach. Hours are flexible depending on weather and supply. Check facebook or Connect With Us on the home page before coming.”
- 8960 E. Ridge Rd, Hobart IN
- Strawberry season is closed.
- Last days for blueberry U-Pick are July 23rd – 26th and then the farm will be closed for U-Pick until August 29th when it reopens for raspberries & blackberries!
- 18110 Kishwaukee Valley Rd, Woodstock, IL
- Wednesdays: 8 am until picked out (generally by 2 pm). Saturdays: 8 am until picked out (generally by 1 pm).
- Call ahead or check FB page for updates to determine availability
- 2575 W. Mine Road, Mazon IL
- Closed for U-Pick strawberry season
Prairie Hill Blueberry Farm: 2020 Season is over
- 3709 Miller Rd, McHenry IL
- Strawberry & raspberry season is over, but U-Pick sunflowers are in season!
- 9957 N. Frontage Rd, Michigan City IN
- Masks are not required and you do not need a reservation
- The Farm Update section of their website gives you the most up to date information on their blueberries and where to pick.
- 37131 Essex Rd, Wilmington, Illinois
- U- Pick blueberries scheduled to reopen Thursday, July 23rd. Watch Facebook page for updates
- 7015 Blackwell Dr., Sawyer MI
- U- Pick is open!
- 14000 75th Street, Bristol WI
- “Our strawberry season is now over. It looks like the sunflowers might be ready around the 25th of July, and go for about two weeks. We will have a short break, to wait for more to bloom. Then we should have sunflowers for a month after that. Our pick your own raspberries will begin around the end of August.”
- 10214 Algonquin Rd, Huntley, IL
- U-Pick season is over
- 811 E. State Street, Cherry Valley IL
- “Blueberries and blackberries are available. Red raspberries and currants are done for the season.”
- 30683 Lanan Rd, Kingston IL
- Currently not enough berries for picking so far. Follow Facebook page for updates
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!