https://whatshouldwedotodaychicago.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/IMG_0285.png 1365 2048 Helen Bosacki https://whatshouldwedotodaychicago.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/What-Should-we-do-today-Chicago-desktop_03.png Helen Bosacki2021-09-21 06:11:022021-09-21 06:11:192021 U-Pick Flower Farms Near Chicagoland
Fall doesn’t mean enjoying a beautiful flower field has to come to an end.
Many sunflower fields are just now blooming!
Enjoy an outdoor, socially distanced activity, and bring home a vase a full of flowers to adorn your home!
- 14000 75th Street, Bristol WI
- Open through mid October
- Roughly 40 min drive from Chicagoland (15 min north of Six Flags)
- Visit the sunflower fields everyday, 10 AM – 6 PM
- $12.00/Adult; $6.00/Child (3-10 Years Old)
- 6 flowers included with each admission! Take a stroll through our zinnia and wildflower patches too. They are a beautiful colorful addition to a sunflower bouquet! Admission also includes entrance to the Thompson Corn Maze!
Be sure to bring something to cut your flowers with. They do have scissors available for purchase just in case! The water station in the field has bags, rubber bands and water for you to bring your flowers home with.
- Sunflower admission also gives you access to their first ever corn maze!
- There is also pumpkin picking and raspberry picking here as well.
- 9805 IL Route 173, Hebron IL
- The Fall Pumpkin Festival has already kicked off and the sunflower maze will be available daily during peak bloom! Follow their social media to be updated on the fields opening. (I mean who wouldn’t want to experience a zombie sunflower maze?!)
- There are also U-Pick zinnia’s and snapdragons!
- 3709 Miller Road, McHenry, IL
- Check their Facebook page for U-pick hours and sunflower field status
- “Sunflower picking on the farm begins in mid-July and will last through late September. We have 2+ acres and 18 different varieties of sunflowers planted for 2021. We also grow other cut flowers such as snapdragons, zinnias, cosmos, marigolds, and amaranthus.”
- Sunflower Pricing
- $2 each
- $5 for 3 flowers
- $28 per vase all you can fit inside (Zinnias may be picked for vases at the same price)
- 17904 Grant St., Lowell IN
- “Come out and explore our acres of flower fields and fresh air! We have a variety of gorgeous blooms including sunflowers, zinnias, cosmos, wildflowers, and more!”
- Acres of sunflowers and other wildflowers and gorgeous blooms, a brand new butterfly enclosure, tasty treats and scheduled fun for the kids depending on the weekend!
- Follow their Facebook to stay updated!
- 200 S. County Line Rd, Hobart IN
- Best pick of sunflowers is mid to late September
- They also have U-Pick apples and U-Pick pumpkins, corn maze, kids farm, and new this year, 25 stunning artworks on barn door canvases by local artists throughout the Orchard!
- General admission is $2. Pay For What You Pick – $2 for large or $2 for small bunch
- 33891 S Rivals Rd, Wilmington, IL
- Check their Facebook for when their colorful, greenhouse, grab n’ go bouquets will be out! Their bouquets are $15, and come in a glass jar. There will also be a pumpkin cart as well for electronic purchase.
- Electronic checkout only; instructions are posted in the greenhouse. The guaranteed way to get flowers is to preorder through: https://proclamationflowers.square.site
- You can also book a private session in the field! “For $30, you can have a private photo session (no U-pick), for $45 (1-5 people) and 60$ (6-10 people) you will have unlimited and exclusive access to cut whatever is blooming in the flower field. We grow around 300 hundred varieties of 70 species of cut flowers, many of them unique, heirloom, or specialty blooms you’re not going to find other places. No one else will be in the flower field with you during your time slot. So it’s truly all yours for the picking!” Bring your own cutters and buckets.
- Book your private cutting session through their website!
- 1015 Zola Road, Harrisburg, IL
- A Peony Farm with 12 acres of fresh cut flowers. They sell the cut flowers in the spring and root divisions in the fall.
- 2021 blooms are closed for the season, roots available for October pick up and shipping.
- 480 Brown Section Rd, Cobden, IL
- U-Pick lavender farm
- Closed for the 2021 season, lavender blooming season usually the first weeks in June