2022 U-Pick Flower Farms Near Chicagoland
Fall doesn’t mean enjoying a beautiful flower field has to come to an end.
Many sunflower fields are just now blooming!
Enjoy an outdoor, socially distanced activity, and bring home a vase a full of flowers to adorn your home!
- 14000 75th Street, Bristol WI
- Open through mid October
- Roughly 40 min drive from Chicagoland (15 min north of Six Flags)
- Visit the sunflower fields everyday, 10 AM – 7 PM
- $15.00/Adult; $10.00/Child (3-12 Years Old)
“Each adult admission fee includes a Thompson Strawberry Farm souvenir cup that you can fill with flowers from our fields. We have sunflower mazes that are cut out of the field for you to walk through the flowers. There are also large grass areas to enjoy the summer sun, or take a leisurely walk around the field. Our goal is to have everyone enjoy a nice summer day in the country and bring home some beautiful flowers. We have other flower varieties as well including: Zinnias and wildflowers (expecting bloom mid-August). You are welcome to mix & match these flowers with your sunflowers to fill up your souvenir cup!”
Each child admission fee includes a Thompson Shaved Ice! We have several flavors for you to choose from.
Be sure to bring something to cut your flowers with. They do have scissors available for purchase just in case!
- “We’re so excited to bring back our Sunflower Field from last year, on an even bigger and expanded field, with more types of sunflowers! PLUS, new for 2022 is our Cut Flower Field, with more than a dozen varieties of the most beautiful flowers you’ve ever seen. You may even pick a bouquet to take home! Plus our Keller’s Summer Playground is included with your Flower Field ticket – a great place to bring the little ones out for an hour of fun! And of course our Farmstand is open for shopping as well. It’s all only at our Oswego location.”
- 9805 IL Route 173, Hebron IL
- The Sunflower Festival has already kicked off and the sunflower maze will be available daily (10 am – 6 pm) during peak bloom! Follow their social media to be updated on the fields
- There are also U-Pick zinnia’s and snapdragons!
- Farm animals, and a giant play area for the kids!
- Wagon rides to the maze are available on the weekend
- 3709 Miller Road, McHenry, IL
- Check their Facebook page for U-pick hours and sunflower field status
- “Sunflower picking on the farm begins in mid-July and will last through late September. We have 2+ acres and 18 different varieties of sunflowers planted for 2021. We also grow other cut flowers such as snapdragons, zinnias, cosmos, marigolds, and amaranthus.”
- Sunflower Pricing
- $2 each
- $5 for 3 flowers
- $25 per vase all you can fit inside (Zinnias may be picked for vases at the same price)
- 17904 Grant St., Lowell IN
- “Come out and explore our acres of flower fields and fresh air! We have a variety of gorgeous blooms including sunflowers, zinnias, cosmos, wildflowers, and more!”
- Acres of sunflowers and other wildflowers and gorgeous blooms, a brand new butterfly enclosure, tasty treats and scheduled fun for the kids depending on the weekend!
- Follow their Facebook to stay updated!
- 14946 S Bell Rd Homer Glen
- The Grand Opening will be Friday August 12th 2022.
- Hours of operation: Mon-Fri 9-6, Sat 9-5, Sun 9-3.
- Entry Fees are $7ea, 3 and under are free.
- 3 new BUTTERFLY Gardens this year!!!
- Enjoy over 9 acres of sunflowers, zinnias and other flowers to take photos, cut your own flowers to take home and enjoy the other activities on the farm!
- Daily Pass admission is $12 and includes sunflower field, zinnia field, and one bloom
- Spring Grove, IL
- “Snap pictures as you wander the trails through acres of brightly colored sunflowers. It’s a sight like no other!”
- 13 acres of sunflowers planted in a whimsical design with 3.2 miles of flowing trail to stroll through
- Many different varieties of sunflowers
- Flowers of many different colors including orange, yellow, gold, red, and peach
Goebbert’s Farm: Pingree Grove
- 10 AM – 6 PM daily
- Admission is $5/pp
- 200 S. County Line Rd, Hobart IN
- Best pick of sunflowers is mid to late September
- They also have U-Pick apples and U-Pick pumpkins, corn maze, kids farm, and new this year, 25 stunning artworks on barn door canvases by local artists throughout the Orchard!
- 2022 Sunflower experience begins August 27th
- “Guest will be able to enjoy over 7 acres of 20+ different sunflower varieties in the fields. Come stroll through the flowers, take photos and enjoy the beautiful scenery of a late-summer farm day! Many adorable photo ops will be available so you can capture the perfect selfie or family photo. The experience goes ‘full bloom’ on weekends with live music and food trucks on the scenic orchard lawn.”
- Make sure to come back in the spring for Tulip Fest!
- Belleville Farm, IL
- “Our Sunflower Trail uses the same concept as a corn maze, but with sunflowers instead. That means you can get up close, personal and even tickled by the beautiful flowers that can’t help but make most people smile. Make sure to set aside adequate time to fully enjoy the experience, as our Sunflower Experience spans and sprawls for a full 2 acres of fun.”
- “Sunshine and summer weather brought us lots of beautiful sunflowers & zinnias! Adventure through our sunflower & zinnia fields for an unforgettable experience filled with imagination, special moments, and breathtaking photo ops. The cost of the farm flower experience is $5 plus field access. This includes admission to the sunflower & zinnia fields, one sunflower to cut and take home OR eight cut-your-own zinnias, a delicious cookie from our bakery, and a sticker.”
- Monee, IL
- Bring your own scissors!
- “Have fun! There are over 12 types of flowers and foliage to choose from. Fill your jar with as many flowers as you can. Once you are done, feel free to enjoy the sites, relax and sip on a fresh squeezed lemonade or iced coffee. Cool off with an ice cream. Kids’ admission includes the Barrel Cart ride, slides and Jumpy Pillow. Pssst…adults can ride the Barrel Carts too!”
- “We have 6 different u-pick containers to choose from: $17 jar (refill $12), $25 jar (refill $20), $40 sunflower mug (refill $30), $45 Wildflower Farm logo mug (refill $30), $60 Sunflower pitcher (refill $40), and $70 Wildflower Farm logo pitcher (refill $40). With the purchase of one of these containers you are able to fill it with any flowers you can fit INSIDE that jar. A purchase of a single jar/pottery waives the admission fee for that single person. We do not allow outside jars/vases/containers to be brought into our u-pick field.”
- 33891 S Rivals Rd, Wilmington, IL
- Check their Facebook for when their colorful, greenhouse, grab n’ go bouquets will be out! Their bouquets are $15, and come in a glass jar. There will also be a pumpkin cart as well for electronic purchase.
- Electronic checkout only; instructions are posted in the greenhouse. The guaranteed way to get flowers is to preorder through: https://proclamationflowers.square.site
- You can also book a private session in the field! “For $30, you can have a private photo session (no U-pick), for $45 (1-5 people) and 60$ (6-10 people) you will have unlimited and exclusive access to cut whatever is blooming in the flower field. We grow around 300 hundred varieties of 70 species of cut flowers, many of them unique, heirloom, or specialty blooms you’re not going to find other places. No one else will be in the flower field with you during your time slot. So it’s truly all yours for the picking!” Bring your own cutters and buckets.
- Book your private cutting session through their website!
- 1015 Zola Road, Harrisburg, IL
- A Peony Farm with 12 acres of fresh cut flowers. They sell the cut flowers in the spring and root divisions in the fall.
- 2022 blooms and roots are closed for the season
- 480 Brown Section Rd, Cobden, IL
- U-Pick lavender farm
- Closed for the 2022 season, lavender blooming season usually the first weeks in June
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!