Family Friendly Events in the Chicagoland area this weekend:
- Runs May 11th- September 29th on the East side of the zoo
- Experience more than 40 life size animal sculptures made entirely out of Lego’s!
- Admission is an additional 5$ for adults and $3 for children aged 3-11. (1/2 off if you are a member)
- Chapter 2 of this immersive art experience is finally here and it sounds like they have taken it to the next level. Don’t miss out on this cool experience!
- Tickets must be purchased in advance, they are not sold at the door.
- Arrive at your reservation time, and allow at least one hour to complete the experience.
- Friday hours: 12-8:30; Saturday hours: 10-6; Sunday 10-7:30; Monday hours: 12-8:30.
- Story Time: 9:30, 11:30, and 2:30
- Music and Movement: 10:30 and 1:30
- The Downtown Wheaton Association is pleased to bring you Pistons & Pin Ups to ring in summer! Admire the new and improved Front Street as well as all the cars, food, and music!
- Check out the vintage cars starting at 6 p.m., and celebrate the rededication of Martin Memorial Plaza (on Front Street just west of Main Street) with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 6:30 p.m.
- Free parking is available in the Wheaton Place Garage!
- Friday, May 24th
- Hours of operation:
Friday from 6-10 pm
Saturday from 1-10 pm
Sunday from 1-10 pm
Monday from 1-5 pm
- Proceeds benefit the Bolingbrook Lions Club and the American Cancer Society
- Begins Friday May 24th at 4 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: noon-10 pm
- Monday: noon-8 pm
- The Schaumburg Boomers bring you dinosaur themed fun and fireworks by Wintrust Community Banks
- 6:30 pm
- Meet Pancake Pig at 7 pm at the Barnes & Noble in Orland Park!
- Storytime, photos, cookies and cupcakes available for purchase to decorate.
- How thrilling that there is an event like this where the hours accommodate working parents!
- RSVP on the Facebook event page or by calling 708-226-4796
- Sky Zone Aurora (and other participating Sky Zone locations)
- Friday & Saturdays 8:30 – 11 pm
- 25$ for two hours of black light jumping
- Prizes, giveaways, music, face painting, and more!
- Wreath laying ceremony begins at 11 a.m at Daley Plaza and the parade follows at noon proceeding south on State Street from Lake Street to Van Buren Street.
Chicago beaches are officially open!
- North Ave Beach
- Oak Street Beach
- 12th Street Beach
- Montrose Beach
- South Shore Beach
*My personal suggestion? Take the kids to Lincoln Park Zoo (free) and walk over to North Ave Beach with your beach gear for a relaxing and cheap celebration!*
- Watch the draft horses and see the kitchen garden prepped! Then head to the wagon shed to see the blacksmith demonstrate tools and techniques!
- Begins on Saturday at 11 a.m and lasts through Monday
Check out a Farmers Market!
- There are so many to choose from and they last all summer long! We’ve got a comprehensive list for you right here!
- 9 am – 5 pm
- Regular zoo admission applies
- There will also be face painting, a bounce house, and hay rides!
- This guide is not just for families with young children! Grab your tweens, teens, adult children, etc and head to Vinyasa Yoga on the Nature Boardwalk at Lincoln Park Zoo!
- Saturdays and Sundays 9-10 a.m
- Guests must bring their own mats and water bottles
- Register through link!
- Officially open for the summer at 10 a.m!
- Saturday & Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m
- Free admission
- Schaumburg, IL
- Saturday & Sunday beginning at 10 a.m
- Free admission & parking
- Saturday and Sunday beginning at 10 a.m.
- Free admission and parking
- Walk across the river to 1st street for the chalk art festival!
- Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m – 10 p.m
- St. Charles
- Opens at 11:30 am
- Batavia, IL
- New additions include: 8,000 sq.ft. building addition, more parking, high performance go-kart track, 18-hole miniature golf course including a full nine ADA holes, and additional updates throughout the family entertainment center.
- *First 60 customers get their first round of golf FREE!
- **First 100 customers at 12p until 2p to purchase a $20 play card get an additional $10 FREE AND a FREE lunch from the grill (hot dog, chips, and a small drink)!
- Saturday – Sunday 12-9pm
- Across from Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
- Learning Express Toys in Glenview from 12-1pm
- Learning Express Toys in Naperville from 2-3 pm
- Curious QT, pizza, a duplicate toy trade, purse decorating, treats, games and play from 12:30-2:30!
- Registration is required
- 2p.m: Decorate a glittery tiara with Princess Aurora at It’s A Girl Thing in Geneva, IL
- $25 per child (prepay required)
Call 630-234-2000 to reserve your spot!
- 3:30 – 5 at Prairie Path Books in Town Square Wheaton
- Join author Jennifer Grant for the official launch of “Maybe I Can Love My Neighbor Too,” the follow up picture book to her award-winning “Maybe God Is Like That Too.”
- Free fireworks perfectly synchronized to music on Lake Michigan.
- Navy Pier’s Aon Summer Fireworks occur on Wednesdays and Saturdays throughout the summer, from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Get a unique look into the Pixar process, and explore the science and technology behind these beloved animated films and their characters.
- 1:30 – 3:30
- Watch the draft horses plow and harrow the fields to ready them for planting!
- 3-5 p.m
- Concert free, parking 10$
- Bring lawn chairs, blankets, and a picnic!
- The Biggest Nostalgic Import Car Show!
- Busse Woods, Elk Grove Village
- 9 a.m – 7 p.m
- 9 a.m.
- Quieter, toned down jumping experience for those with special needs
- Wheaton, IL
- 10 a.m – 5 p.m
- A scavenger hunt will be going on all day! People who successfully find all the items will be entered into a raffle to win the UCS Castle !
- Also, a mystery custom item will be revealed
- Naperville, IL
- Sunday 2-3 pm
- Countryside, IL
- Romeoville, IL
- Bounce houses, face painting, cornhole bags, live music, food, and more! With fireworks to cap off the night!
We’ve got a whole compilation of Memorial Day parades and ceremonies in the Chicagoland area! –> Memorial Day Parades
- Observe Memorial Day with a ceremony rooted in the history and traditions of the late 1800s, when the holiday was known as “Decoration Day.”
- 1:30 – 3:30
- 11 – 5 p.m
- Free with paid parking
- Remember those who served and sacrificed everything for our nation. With special guests from the U.S. Army.
- Create a fun, Memorial Day wreath!
- 11:30 -12:30
- Westchester, IL
- 3 – 3:30 p.m
- Free, 30 min show that meets in the cafe
- Aurora, IL at the Paramount Theatre
- Doors open at 6:15 pm, movie begins at 7
- $1 cash but cards are accepted for concessions
- Play from 8 am – 5 pm
- 11 AM to noon
- Bring a yoga mat and a friend!