Fall is definitely NOT cancelled this year folks!
Between the apple orchards and these pumpkin patches,
there is fall fun to be had every weekend until November!
As I have stated before, when it comes to farms,
it is always a good idea to verify on their website and Facebook page
to confirm they are open for the day.
You are also going to want to confirm the forms of payments they take,
what COVID policies they have in place,
and whether advance registration is required or not.
- September 25th – November 1st
- Homer Glen, IL
- “Have you ever wondered where America’s #1 Pumpkin Farm is located? Visit and experience Bengtson Pumpkin Farm to see why so many families include this farm in their annual Fall traditions. Opening September 18th-20th 2020, then Sept. 25th everyday thru November 1, 2020 Fun for the whole family, over 50+ attractions, activities, and food. Unlimited Kiddie Rides included every day with admission.”
- FREE ADMISSION, U – Pick pumpkin patch, hayrack rides for $3 pp, and more!
- Fall Fest with Craft Fair: October 10th & 11th
- Weekends in October enjoy free admission and parking, free hayrides to pick your own pumpkin (7$ any size in the field)
- There is a free kids play area and a $6 wristband kids play area, food, fall decorations, and more!
- October 1st – 31st
- Wheaton, IL
Come out to Cosley Zoo this fall and enjoy the colors of the season, see the animals, and pick out your pumpkins! Pumpkins, gourds, apples, cider, corn stalks, and straw bales are all available for purchase.
This event will follow Phase 4 guidelines of the restore Illinois Plan:
- Capacity in the zoo is limited. All individuals will need a reserved ticket. Walk-up tickets will not be available.
- You must enter at your reserved entry time. Early and late arrivals may not be able to be accommodated.
- Face coverings are required for all zoo visitors over the age of two when at least 6ft. of distance cannot be maintained between non-household groups.
- Regular admission rates apply
- Free parking and no admission fees
- “Daily free activities include, pumpkin bowling, min- broom corn maze and pedal tractors. Donuts, and socially distanced Hay Rides ($3) are weekends only.”
- “Locally owned family farm growing pumpkins and other melons. Hay rides every Saturday and Sunday in the fall. Cider and pumpkin donuts made fresh daily.”
- All family activities have been modified to facilitate social distancing
- September 19th – October 31st
- No hayrides will be running this year
- Come see the Animal Land Zoo or Play in the Pumpkin Playland!
- “We are well know for growing some of the most amazing pumpkins anywhere. We have a huge selection of unusual pumpkins and gourds in an array of sizes and colors. White, green, speckles and orange are all waiting to be made into your favorite Jack-O-Lanterns!”
- South Barrington & Pingree Grove, Hampshire
- “Goebbert’s Fall Festival starts September 19th, 2020 and runs through Halloween. We are a great place for families to come and have a great fall day. Come enjoy the animals, watch a pig race, see our famous Pumpkin Eating Dinosaur, have some lunch and pick out a pumpkin. We have plenty of fun attractions for the whole family! Also make sure to stop by the Red Barn Cafe & Bakery for some tasty treats, including our famous Apple Cider Donuts and Pumpkin cookies. Masks are required to enter the farm and for all indoor buildings, attractions and specified areas (market, cafe, haunted house, pony ride, camel ride, wagon ride, jumping pillow, animal tents, giraffe stand, shadehouse and when maintaining social distance is not possible). Don’t delay; our festival is only 6 weeks long! Our farm is open daily until 6pm, but the last entry for the day is 5pm.”
- ONLINE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
- September 12th – October 31st
- Hay rides and food on weekends and Columbus Day only
- “Catch a hayride out to our 25-acre pumpkin patch full of 90 different varieties of pumpkins, gourds, and squash! Pick from traditional jack o’ lanterns, to white pumpkins of all sizes, bumpy pumpkins, green, red and multi-colored pumpkins, to name a few.”
- Kids will enjoy the corn maze, soybean maze, milo’s castle playground, straw barn, and more!
- 1467 N. Elston Ave., Chicago (Goose Island)
- Opens October 6th
- “Although it won’t be the same as years past, we simply couldn’t resist offering something everyone needs right now, a fun place to buy your seasonable selections with Friends! Jack’s Pumpkin Patch Pop-Up is located on over 2 acres of land in the historic Goose Island. Pick a perfect pumpkin, grab a memorable Instagrammable fall moment, or just get out of the house and get some fresh air on a perfect Autumn evening, as you get lost in the largest, and only, cornfield in downtown Chicago. In accordance with Chicago’s Department of Health Safety standards, masking-wearing is always required, visits are limited to 1.5 hours and there is no food & beverage available for purchase. Outside food and drinks will not be permitted, just 100% outdoor fun in the heart of downtown Chicago!”
- Homer Glen
- “Konow’s Corn Maze in Homer Glen WILL BE OPENING this Saturday September 19! Rides, Games, Food, Fun, and our world-famous Corn Maze! We will be taking ALL necessary precautions to keep everyone safe during the current pandemic.”
- “Konow’s offers 2 Mazes! One for the serious maze player who enjoys finding their way through approx. 3.4 miles of twists and turns and a smaller maze for those who want the excitement of walking through the tall corn or those with small children and only wish to walk a short distance (approx. 0.4 mile).”
- CLOSED ON TUESDAYS
- Maple Park
- “Fun is gown by the bushel at the Kuipers Family Farm. Create memories for your family to last a lifetime when you spend the day on our beautiful sprawling Midwest farm. Enjoy all of the fun, interesting, and educational feature, attractions, and rides. And of course, take your time scoping out the best spots for the biggest and best pumpkin picking in our expansive pumpkin patch.”
- Also enjoy the corn maze, hay wagon rides, jumping pillow, petting zoo, tractor train, woodland walk, and more!
- Lockport, IL
- Opens September 26th. Farm is only open Fri – Sun
“You can find your way through the maze (or part of it), feed the goats and sheep, see the farm animals , take a wagon ride to the UPick pumpkin field , find the queen bee in our observation hive, play in one of our 5 play areas, take a train ride, slide down the tallest slide in the Midwest, and much more!”
- West Chicago
- Come pick your pumpkin grown right on their farm, enjoy the outdoor grill, petting / feeding zoo, and more!
- The kids will have a blast in the kiddie koral complete with jumping pillow, bounce houses, sonny express train, and rides!
- “Our hayrides to the pumpkin patch to pick your own pumpkins will begin at a new time from here on out, 9 am. They will continue to run until 5 pm. Any size pumpkin in the field is just $8. We offer hayrides on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Fridays in October and Columbus Day.”
- Shades of Autumn, Fall Family Festival: September 12th – November 1st
- Pumpkin picking, apple picking, food, and fun!
- “We are a small family farm with about 1 and 1/2 acres of pumpkins. There is no admission fee , you can walk through the field with your kids to find the perfect pumpkin. We have wagons and cutters to cut the pumpkins off the stem.”
- Pumpkins range in price from $1 to $5. We have white pumpkins. Small straw bales $4.50, large $7, Corn stalks $3
- Cash only
- “We are open 7 days a week from 8 am till dusk from now until Halloween. We have set up props so you can take pictures with your kids.”
- Geneva, IL
- Apple and Pumpkin Festival September 19th – October 31st
- Jumping pillow, train, pony rides, corn maze, petting zoo, wagon rides, petting zoo, corn box, tangled web, zip line, and educational barn
Don’t forget about Apple Orchards! We have a guide for that too!