https://whatshouldwedotodaychicago.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/What-Should-we-do-today-Chicago-desktop_03.png 0 0 Helen Bosacki https://whatshouldwedotodaychicago.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/What-Should-we-do-today-Chicago-desktop_03.png Helen Bosacki2021-10-07 15:23:432021-10-07 15:24:472021 Chicagoland Pumpkin Patches
2021 Chicagoland Pumpkin Patches
Fall is definitely NOT cancelled this year folks!
Between the apple orchards and these pumpkin patches,
there is fall fun to be had every weekend until November!
As I have stated before, when it comes to farms,
it is always a good idea to verify on their website and Facebook page
to confirm they are open for the day.
You are also going to want to confirm the forms of payments they take,
what COVID policies they have in place,
and whether advance registration is required or not.
- Homer Glen, IL
- “Have you ever wondered where America’s #1 Pumpkin Farm is located? Visit and experience Bengtson Pumpkin Farm to see why so many families include this farm in their annual Fall traditions. Opening Sept. 17th everyday thru November 1, 2021. Fun for the whole family, over 50+ attractions, activities, and food. Unlimited Kiddie Rides included every day with admission.”
- Annual fall fest is October 9th & 10th
- Hayrack rides every hour on the hour for $3pp
- Open Tues – Sunday
- Weekends in October enjoy free admission and parking, free hayrides to pick your own pumpkin, free kids play area, 5 acre corn maze, and more!
- Wristband required for additional activities.
- October 1st – 31st
- Wheaton, IL
- Come out to Cosley Zoo this fall and enjoy the colors of the season, see the animals, and pick out your pumpkins! Pumpkins, gourds, apples, cider, corn stalks, and straw bales are all available for purchase.
- Carnival Ride tickets will be available for purchase in the zoo admission booth and gift shop.
- Admission to Pumpkin Fest is included with your general admission entry ticket.
- All pumpkins $8 any size
- Free parking and no admission fees
- Fresh pumpkins and the best cider donuts in the county. Lot’s of family activities: pumpkin bowling, mini- broom corn maze and pedal tractors. Cider donuts and spooky hay rides ($5) on weekends in the fall.
- “Join us for Dave’s Amazing Halloween Hay Ride! It’s better than ever this year with a ride through acres of terrific trails, wild woods and a mysterious marsh. You might spot a great blue heron, a snowy egret or even a bald eagle! See a rainbow of fall colors as you travel through the tunnel of trees. According to legend, long ago the ghosts of Caribbean pirates navigated from the Gulf of Mexico up through Illinois to hide away in these marshes. If you look closely you will see these spooky pirates too! They might be fishing, shooting a cannon or just sitting around a campfire. The spooky sights are fun for all ages and not too scary for the little ones.
Rides are about 15 minutes long. $5 per person, 2 and under are free. Open Thu-Fri 3 PM to 8 PM, Sat – Sun 10 AM – 8 PM.”
- September 18th – October 31st, 7 days a week, 9 AM – 6 PM
- Come see the Animal Land Zoo or Play in the Pumpkin Playland!
- “We are well know for growing some of the most amazing pumpkins anywhere. We have a huge selection of unusual pumpkins and gourds in an array of sizes and colors. White, green, speckles and orange are all waiting to be made into your favorite Jack-O-Lanterns!”
- South Barrington & Pingree Grove, Hampshire
- “Goebbert’s Fall Festival runs through Halloween. We are a great place for families to come and have a great fall day. Come enjoy the animals, watch a pig race, see our famous Pumpkin Eating Dinosaur, have some lunch and pick out a pumpkin. We have plenty of fun attractions for the whole family! Also make sure to stop by the Red Barn Cafe & Bakery for some tasty treats, including our famous Apple Cider Donuts and Pumpkin cookies. Masks are required to enter the farm and for all indoor buildings, attractions and specified areas (market, cafe, haunted house, pony ride, camel ride, wagon ride, jumping pillow, animal tents, giraffe stand, shadehouse and when maintaining social distance is not possible). Don’t delay; our festival is only 6 weeks long! Our farm is open daily until 6pm, but the last entry for the day is 5pm.”
- ONLINE RESERVATIONS REQUIRED
- Open through October 31st, 7 days a week 10 – 6:30
- Hay rides and food on weekends and Columbus Day only
- “Catch a hayride out to our 25-acre pumpkin patch full of 90 different varieties of pumpkins, gourds, and squash! Pick from traditional jack o’ lanterns, to white pumpkins of all sizes, bumpy pumpkins, green, red and multi-colored pumpkins, to name a few. Also, notice the “giant” in our name “Heap’s Giant Pumpkin Farm”? That’s right, we also specialize in GIANT pumpkins! Our largest pumpkin was grown in 2013, weighing in at 731.5 lbs!”
- Kids will enjoy the corn maze, soybean maze, milo’s castle playground, straw barn, and more!
- For Halloween fun enjoy the flashlight maze, moonlight hayride, and haunted corn maze!
- 1467 N. Elston Ave., Chicago (Goose Island)
- September 23rd – October 31st
- “Join us for the newest interactive Pop-Up Experience to hit Chicago, Jack’s Pumpkin Pop-Up is located on over 2 acres in Goose Island. For one month only experience a larger than life, outdoor, multi-sensory adventure in the heart of Chicago. Spend an autumn night outside making memories without having to travel to the Suburbs while you get lost in Chicago’s largest corn maze! Whether you’re seeking a striking nighttime lights display, an outdoor pumpkin-themed party with dozens of fall themed instagramable memories or a one of a kind corn maze, there’s an experience here for everyone! We are open nightly rain or Shine!”
- ALL AGES WELCOME | 2 ACRES OF OUTDOOR FUN, FULL BAR, CORN MAZE, AXE THROWING, CARNIVAL GAMES + MORE.
- Homer Glen
- “Konow’s Corn Maze in Homer Glen is open Saturday September 18th – October 30th! Rides, Games, Food, Fun, and our world-famous Corn Maze!
- “Come out and enjoy games, rides, animal barn, food, live music, our world famous corn maze and more! Every day is FREE RIDE DAY!”
- CLOSED ON TUESDAYS
- Maple Park
- “Fun is grown by the bushel at the Kuipers Family Farm. Create memories for your family to last a lifetime when you spend the day on our beautiful sprawling Midwest farm. Enjoy all of the fun, interesting, and educational feature, attractions, and rides. And of course, take your time scoping out the best spots for the biggest and best pumpkin picking in our expansive pumpkin patch.”
- Also enjoy the apple orchard, corn maze, hay wagon rides, jumping pillow, petting zoo, tractor train, woodland walk, and more!
- Lockport, IL
- Opens September 25th. Some attractions are only open Sat, Sun, & Columbus Day from 10 – 6.
- The 2021 cornfield maze theme is Super Marios Bros!
“You can find your way through the maze (or part of it), feed the goats and sheep, see the farm animals , take a wagon ride to the UPick pumpkin field , find the queen bee in our observation hive, play in one of our 5 play areas, take a train ride, slide down the tallest slide in the Midwest, and much more!”
- West Chicago
- Closed Mondays except for Columbus Day
- Come pick your pumpkin grown right on their farm, enjoy the outdoor grill, petting / feeding zoo, and more!
- The kids will have a blast in the kiddie koral complete with jumping pillow, bounce houses, pony rides, sonny express train, and rides!
- For spooky fun enjoy the Haunted Barn and Haunted Trail
- “Our hayrides to the pumpkin patch to pick your own pumpkins will begin at 9 am. They will continue to run until 5:30 pm. Any size pumpkin in the field is just $8. We offer hayrides on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as Fridays in October and Columbus Day.”
- Shades of Autumn, Fall Family Festival open through November 1st
- Pumpkin picking, apple picking, food, and fun!
- “We are a small family farm with about 1 and 1/2 acres of pumpkins. There is no admission fee , you can walk through the field with your kids to find the perfect pumpkin. We have wagons and cutters to cut the pumpkins off the stem.”
- Pumpkins range in price from $1 to $7. We have white pumpkins. Small straw bales $5, large $8, Corn stalks $4.
- Cash only
- “We are open 7 days a week from 8 am till dusk from now until Halloween. We have set up props so you can take pictures with your kids.”
- Geneva, IL
- Apple and Pumpkin Festival September 18th – October 31st
- Jumping pillow, train, pony rides, corn maze, petting zoo, wagon rides, corn box, tangled web, zip line, educational barn, and more!
- Gates Open 9am-6pm. Attractions Open 10am-6pm.
- $15 per person ages 2 and older to enter attractions area on weekdays, not including Columbus Day.
- $17 per person ages 2 and older to enter attractions area on weekends and Columbus Day.
Don’t forget about Apple Orchards! (Many of them have pumpkin patches as well!) Check out our guide below!
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] is still plenty of time to explore the nearby apple orchards and pumpkin patches. Those are usually the first two categories we think of when we talk about the onset of fall in the […]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!