2022 Chicagoland Apple Orchards
The season is upon us! Apple picking, pumpkin picking, sweater weather, cider, donuts…
This is my absolute FAVORITE season of the year! And before winter hits, we need to enjoy
all of the outdoor activities we can get!
As with everything, please make sure to check the farms Facebook pages, the weather, and acceptable forms of payment before heading out.
- Woodstock, IL
- Apple orchard, pumpkin patch, and corn maze
- The Barnyard activity area includes the corn maze, magic shows, pig races, pedal karts, petting zoo, etc. Last entry into corn maze is 45 min prior to closing.
- Open weekdays 10 AM – 5 PM. Close at 6 PM weekends and holidays
- Elkhorn, WI
- Fall Hours: Beginning September 6, 2022 open Tuesday thru Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 11-5
- Pumpkins & apples
- Sturtevant, WI
- 78 acre orchard and hardwood forest
Monday-Friday: 9AM until 4PM; the last picking bags are sold at 3PM, open until 5 PM on weekends.
- Farm Park Fun is open every day! Enjoy activities such as our Corn Maze, Little Red Haybarn, Giant Slide, Corn Palace Corn Box, Straw Mountain, and visit the Goats at the Golden Goat Bridge, PLUS Pony Rides for kids and Peddle Cart Rides on the weekends!
- Pick your own apples, peaches, and pumpkins!
- Marengo, IL
- Limited variety this season, follow their Facebook page for weekend updates on what is available.
- Apple picking to potentially begin the weekend after Labor Day
- Free hayrides to pick your pumpkin
- Corn maze
- Kids play area
- Fall decorations
- Delicious food & desserts
- Hobart, IN
- Big barn open daily 9 AM – 6 PM
- U-Pick apples, pumpkins, and sunflowers.
- Tractor rides, corn maze, animal barnyard and more!
- U-Pick begins Labor Day Weekend!
- Rockford, IL
- Wagon rides, play area, animals, and more
- Grab ‘n’ Go donuts and apple cider slushies
- Daily hours, 9 AM – 6 PM
- “Curran’s Orchard grows luscious fruit sprayed with 1/3 of the typical amount of chemicals.”
- Poplar Grove, IL
- A family-owned apple orchard in Poplar Grove, Illinois where guests can enjoy crisp apples, apple cider donuts, and freshly-pressed apple cider.
- Pumpkin picking as well!
- “The Apple Barn, restaurants and playground will be open this year, as well as pick-your-own. We hope that the return of your fall favorites will help you continue your family traditions. Please join us for warm cider donuts, a fresh cup of cider, and the time together that we’ve all been craving.”
- LaPorte, IN
- U-Pick open daily 9AM, last wagon out at 5:15 PM
- Horses & Pony Rides
- Check their Facebook page for daily U-Pick updates
Goebbert’s Pumpkin Patch and Apple Orchard
- Pingree Grove, IL
- Fall Festival Open Daily from August 26, 2022 through Halloween Day. Hours are 9-6 every day, including Columbus Day and Labor Day
- General Admission includes: Entrance to Animal Land, Pedal Karts, Tire Mountain, Corn Stalk Maze, Wagon Ride to the Field /Orchard, Haunted House, Munchkin Maze, Straw Bale Maze, Western Town, Pumpkin Eating Dinosaur, Goebbert’s Pumpkin Express Train Ride, Pumpkin Slide, Jumping Pillow, Chicken Show, Pig Races, and Corn Box (Pony and Camel rides are available for an additional cost).
- “We have an apple orchard at our Farm and apple picking is one of our Fall Festival Attractions. We do not offer apple picking as its own activity, but guests can choose to pay for apple bags and pick apples in addition to their Fall Festival admission.”
- Purchase admission tickets online in advance
- The fall festival at the South Barrington location begins September 10th and runs through Halloween.
- Come see the famous Pumpkin Eating Dinosaur, enjoy animals, watch a pig race, and enjoy the bakery.
- Green Oaks, IL
- Opening day is Friday, September 9th
- The closest orchard to Chicagoland!
- No bathrooms available
- Please note that as a small, family-run orchard we DO NOT offer hayrides, food/drink, corn mazes, etc. We specialize in PURE APPLE PICKING FUN in a beautiful surrounding!
- Check their website and Facebook page for hours and schedule
- Woodstock, IL
- “Our customers come to our orchard to pick their own apples and have 23 varieties to choose from. . . . starting in late July, the LODI is ready to be picked for great applesauce and pies. Our early August apples include JERSEY MAC, EARLY BLAZE, and DUTCHESS. This season, late August apples will be McINTOSH and GALA. JONATHANS will begin in the middle of September. When October arrives we start picking EMPIRE, GOLDEN DELICIOUS, JONAGOLD and BLUSHING GOLDEN. Late in October we still have RED DELICIOUS, BRAEBURN and WINESAP. The message on our answering machine gives up-to-date picking information. 815-338-7443. It gives our estimated ripening dates and our favorite ways to use our apples.”
- Waterman, IL
- FULL SEASON HOURS: THURS. SEPT. 8 THRU MON. OCT. 31 9-5:30 DAILY
- Children’s play area with farm petting zoo and straw maze
- Donuts, cider, pies, etc
- Everyone over age 2 must have a pre-purchased picking bag to enter the orchard.
- Malta, IL
- On Fall Festival Days (Saturday, Sunday, Labor Day & Columbus Day Monday) guests must have general admission wristband to enter the u-pick orchard plus a u-pick bag (for up to 4 people). This is required so we are able to restrict the number of guests on our farm each day. Tickets may be purchased in advance through the website.
- Fall Festival days are Fri-Sun and holidays
- On Weekdays (Monday-Thursday, excluding Labor Day & Columbus Day Monday) it is free to enter the u-pick apple orchard once you have purchased your u-pick bag from inside our Store & Bakery or Cider House.
- Tiny Town Play Area is open free of charge Monday through Friday, and guests are able to pick apples in our U-Pick Apple Orchard from 9am-5:00pm
- All the fall festival activities are open on the weekends.
- There is a pumpkin patch as well.
- Oswego, IL
- Opening day for our Saturday & Sunday Fall Festivities is Saturday, September 10th.
- Check out the 2022 corn maze for 8 acres of fun!
- The apple orchard is located on our Oswego farm. Before heading to the orchard for U-pick apples, ALL guests must first purchase a bag at the Apple Barn. Last entry to the orchard will be 30 minutes prior to closing time to allow enough time for picking.
- The pumpkin patch is at the Oswego farm only
- Kids play area, farm animals, 8 acre corn maze, pedal tractors, etc available on weekends.
- Apple Orchard & Pumpkin Farm
- Apple picking in the orchard is primarily available weekends only through October. Some varieties may be available to pick weekdays, check for updated information on the Homepage weekly
- Corn maze, pig races, jumping pillow, tractor train, farm animals, and more!
- Woodstock, IL
- Picking begins September 10th, 2022
- Open weekends from 11 AM – 4 PM
- Alto Pass, IL
- U-Pick Pumpkin Patch open late September through October 31st
- Check their Facebook page for what variety of apples are available in the market
- U-Pick sunflower and zinnia field as well
- Apple cider donuts, slushies, and cute photo ops!
- “Nestled in the hills of Southern Illinois, Rendleman Orchards has been committed to growing and shipping quality peaches, nectarines, apples, and vegetables to the commercial produce markets throughout the Midwest since 1873!”
- Harvard, IL
- “Our u-pick apple orchard, located in Northern Illinois near the Wisconsin state line, offers family fun and entertainment in a beautiful 120 acre setting from mid-August through mid-November. We have over 17,000 apple trees with over 30 varieties of apples to choose from and new varieties are being planted each spring. We also grow pumpkins, giant pumpkins, gourds and winter squash. And we have the country’s first apple tree maze, Amaze ‘N Apples, where you can wonder through 1.5 miles of trails with 9 varieties of apples. Don’t forget our world famous apple cider donuts and the best apple picking in northern Illinois!”
- Playground, petting zoo, train, carousel, and the countries only apple tree maze!
- Admission includes: Access into the Orchard, Access into the Pollination Garden, 1/4 Peck Bag to Fill in the Orchard.
- Picking available Monday through Sunday
- McHenry, IL
- A $10 minimum apple purchase per person is required to enter the apple orchard. (At least a 1/4 peck bag) Ages 2 and under are free.
- Weekend tractor-driven rides to the Pumpkin Patch are available from 10 AM – 5:30 PM. Please check our website, Facebook, or call (815) 675-6396 for picking conditions and more information.
- Fall fun / farmtractions Sat/Sun in September and Fri-Sun in October.
- Cherry Valley, IL
- Monday – Saturday 9am-6pm; Sunday 10am-6pm
- Check their website for the apple variety U-pick schedule
- Fresh donuts, pie, and apple cider!
- Plano, IL
- Open Thu – Sun 10a – 6p.
- Woody’s is a U Pick orchard with a Bakery, Farm Market Gift Shop, Play Yard, and Train. Enjoy Apple Cider Donuts and Slushies on our beautiful farm. Check our website for pricing
- Woodys Orchard has a 2 acre pumpkin field that features 15 varieties of pumpkins planted randomly. The pumpkins range from 1-5 lb “cannon balls” to 100 lbs “atlantic giants.”